If you didn't already know myself & Dannica have a bit of an obsession with the Royals as it is, when we heard the news about Prince Harry and Meghan we couldn't contain our excitement, chatting away to customers about it, reading every story on the Daily Mail App about them and even having a cheeky google to find out more information! It's safe to say when Nottingham was released as the couples first public engagement we all got giddy inside at the thought of them only being meters away from the doors of our shop. However Dannica was less impressed as she was on location doing wedding make-up that morning so she couldn't attend...but I of course had to go & get a look and stare enviously at the couple and get a glimpse of the beauty's sparkler on her left hand! She of course looked elegant, classy and beautiful or shall we say fit for prince? Her hair fell exactly into place, her outfit crisp and perfectly coordinated, that just leaves her make-up...
Not only Meghan but the Royal Family in general tend to keep their make-up fairly neutral, I'm not sure they could get away with a full CaBella glitter smokey eye but we would sure love to see it! Meghan played it safe on Friday morning as she attended Nottingham Contemporary along with HRH Prince Harry by opting for warm tones on her eyes and base to create a natural finish. It helps she is already as beautiful as ever and her face would be the perfect one to apply make-up too as I'm sure she could rock any look. I don't know about you but I am itching for the wedding day to see what her and her glam squad pull out of the bag!!
Below is a product guide on how to create Meghan's look:
- Milani Eye Primer £8 - CaBella (apply to base of eye to prevent eye shadow wearing off)
- Mac Texture Eye shadow Refill Pan £10 - MAC (apply in crease of the eye for a soft smoked look)
- Mac Brown Down Eye shadow Refill Pan £10 - MAC (apply all over the base of the eye and blend into Texture to create a subtle smoke eye)
- Urban Decay Blackout Eye shadow £15 - Debenhams (apply with an angled brush along the lash line to create a smudged eyeliner effect)
- Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara £10.99 - Superdrug (apply on lashes, preferably on top of LVL Lashes to add a lifted and darker lash look)
- Milani Prime Shield £13 - CaBella (apply a pea sized amount in the T zone of the face to prevent foundation wearing off and sitting in problem areas on the face)
- L'Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade 3.D/3.W £9.99 - Boots (apply using a kabuki brush for an even coverage, use layers of this foundation as it is build able and will give you a flawless base like Meghan)
- L.A Girl Pro Concealer in shade Natural £6 - CaBella (apply one shade lighter concealer under the eyes, down the nose, cupids bow, chin & onto the forehead and blend using the kabuki brush)
- Milani Setting Powder £13 - CaBella (apply over concealer to avoid creasing throughout the day, also keep in handbag if oiliness occurs tap over with a powder brush)
- Anastacia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade in shade Medium Brown £19 - Cult Beauty (apply using angled brush brushing softly along the hairs to give a nice shape)
- Milani Rose Powder Blush in shade Blossomtime Rose £13 - CaBella (apply from the top of the ear down towards the mouth lightly to give a tint of pink to the cheeks)
- Milani Highlighter in shade Sunset Glow £13 - CaBella (apply to the brow bone, inner corner of the eye and above the blusher slightly to add a dewy and glowing finish)
- Mac Lipstick in shade Velvet Teddy £15.50 - MAC
- Milani Lip Oil £10 - CaBella (apply on top of lipstick for a shine without the stickiness of a gloss, this also keeps the lips hydrated throughout the day)
- Milani Make It Last Setting Spray £13 - CaBella (hold an arms length away and spray onto the face to ensure your make-up stays put like Meghan's did all day)
Using the product guide above you should be able to create the perfect Meghan Markle Make-up Look which of course we had numerous glimpses of on Friday when she attended Nottingham greeting fans and smiling ear to ear with her husband to be.
We hope Meghan and Harry choose Nottingham as a city to visit again so we can stare at her in awe again and of course write you all another blog on her make-up! Or we could just invite her to CaBella for a makeover beforehand? Watch this space!
Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year and we cannot wait to carry on getting you all glam for your Christmas parties and nights out.
See you in 2018!